|Programme Purpose||Admission and Qualification||Programme of Study|
|Required documents for the application of IBEC Programme Certificate|
|Required documents for the application of IB Certificate of Teaching and Learning|
|Regulation and Other Documents|
National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) builds up two programmes of International Baccalaureate Educator Certificate (IBEC), preparing pre-service teachers for worldwide IB schools and enriching education quality in Taiwan. NTNU IBEC programmes are officially recognized by International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
The two programmes aim to engage pre-service teachers to explore contemporary educational theories and IB education pedagogy, as well as to become reflective teachers capable of implementing all-around education through inquiry instruction. The two programmes' students (Students) are guided to familiarize with principles and practices of IB education by focusing on Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). They are also expected to acquire both theoretical and practical sense of IB education, in order to develop their future students to be “inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people” and “active, compassionate and lifelong learners.”
- Brief admission procedure
- Qualification Requirements:
(1)Applicants have to be currently enrolled in NTNU and qualified for one of the following status.
a. who are in Teacher Education Programme (TEP), including middle school and Special Education Programme (SEP);
b. who have completed middle school, special education, or primary school TEP and obtained TEP certificates; or
c. who have obtained middle school, special education, or primary school Teacher Certificate
(2) Applicants also need to make sure they meet the other requirements as stated in the table below. (The requirements shown above are also the requisite for the Programme Certificate of each programme.)
Programme Current Degree* Department Teacher Certificate Category Subject International Education Bachelor’s or higher Any Primary or middle school Chinese as Second Language Chinese Language Educatio General subject is preferred Any
- Admission Quota
IEP and CLEP enroll 60 and 20 students respectively while the actual numbers of recruited students may be less and are subjected to change according to the number of applicants and operational needs. The total number of students in each programme shall not exceed more than 150% of the aforementioned quota.
|Selective subjects||10 credits of Profession Educational Courses|
|English proficiency||TOEIC 750
|Diploma in NTNU||Bachelor’s or above degree||Master’s degree or above in Dpt. of CSL|
|Teacher Certificate||Primary school or middle school|
|IB seminars or workshops||Attend IB seminars or workshops offered by IBO or NTNU for 15 hours or more|
|IB teaching practicum||IB Candidates are required to complete at least 1-month teaching practicum in IB world schools to be eligible for IBCTL.|
- Application form for program certificate
- Transcript of each semester, original copy
- Proof of English proficiency: shall be issued within two years before application date
- Seminar/workshop hour records: attendance records shall date within two years before application date
- Programme Certificate
- Teacher Certificate (primary school or middle school)
- Degree certificate (Bachelor’s degree or above in NTNU is required for IEP Students to apply for IBCTL. Master’s degree or above in NTNU’s Dep. of CSL is required for CLEP Students.)
*International Education Programme students have to submit Self-exploration Essay in addition.
- Application Fee:
USD$265 payable to IBO, the fee may varies from year to year.